DevOps Engineer (Kubernetes Platform)
We are Quadcode, a company that develops a SaaS trading platform for clients around the world.
We are working with Agile, Scrum (2-week sprints), and SAFe framework. Furthermore, we are using Google Meet, Zoom, Slack, TargetProcess for teamwork.
Now we are looking for DevOps Engineer in the Kubernetes Platform team. The team provides, develops, and supports companies Kubernetes clusters (which host most of the production microservices) and all processes around them.
Tasks come from our users, business, and are also initiated by the team itself. Daily scrum standups (11:30 UTC+2), engaging in peer code reviews.
Our team has 3 DevOps Engineers and a Team Leader.
We strive to ensure that each member of the team is able and willing to engage in all team instruments and processes. So you will be a part of the "family" and solve all tasks related to Kubernetes Platform.
You will be working closely with the developers and QA of the entire company Infrastructure, ops and security team, IT service desk, support, and representatives of external services.
Technical and career development is endless (from Tech Lead to Architect/CTO).
- Main instruments: Kubernetes, Helm, GitLab CI, Docker.
- Scripting: Python, Bash;
- Orchestration: Ansible, Terraform;
- OS: Linux;
- Clouds: AWS, OpenStack.
Tasks in the role
First 3 tasks in the role:
- get all access and complete the boot camp;
- solve first duty requests;
- solve sprint tasks along with team members.
- management of self hosted Kubernetes clusters (also management of hardware servers that hosts Kubernetes);
- management of EKS clusters;
- management of ephemeral Kubernetes clusters for application testing purposes;
- management of clusters infrastructure (monitoring, logging, authorization, admission control, and so on);
- providing support in applications operating processes, CI/CD, and troubleshooting for our users;
- maintenance of Docker Registry.
Note: The tasks will depend on the employee's arrival time and the team's current tasks. We do not form a separate backlog for a trial period. The employee works with the team's common backlog.
- production experience with Kubernetes maintenance (bare-metal Kubernetes experience will be a plus);
- network management experience;
- experience with Docker;
- experience with either GitLab CI or Jenkins;
- experience in Linux administration at middle level;
- experience in any of the IAC systems for servers (Ansible, Chef, Salt);
- experience with Bash and any scripting language;
- English B1+ (reading docs, googling, and talking with vendors);
- Russian B2+.
- relocation opportunity to Cyprus after a trial period;
- remote or hybrid work model in our Cyprus office;
- health insurance and mental health services;
- 13th salary and 21 vacation days per year;
- provided lunches or food allowance;
- monthly tuition reimbursement (kindergartens/schools);
- opportunity to learn English and Greek;
- provided professional courses: from Coursera to Harvard;
- sports reimbursement;
- team buildings and parties (e.g. Japan Day at the office);
- bonuses for special events (e.g. child's birth).
Relocation package includes
- visa support, an opportunity to get an EU citizenship;
- preparation of all documents (fully provided by the company);
- flight tickets coverage for employees and their families;
- free corporate apartment for 2 months;
- full coverage of migration costs while in Cyprus;
- reimbursement of a rental car or transport allowance for 2 months.
Note: All applications will be treated with strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.